Monday 15 March 2021

Struggling with Online Classes - Moses

 Hi,

My name is Greg, and I study Business.

The university I currently attend has recently issued a 'lockdown' protocol following the second wave of COVID-19 outbreak in Papua New Guinea. It has been issued that all classes have been switched to online delivery and day students are not allowed to enter the campus as the campus is on lockdown. For the past week, I have tried to cope with this new approach to learning but to no avail.

The issues that are struggle with include staying motivated, avoiding distractions, time management, lack of person-person interaction and certain technical issues.

It is quite difficult to stay motivated when we do not have to attend classes at set times, basically when we do not have to live by a timetable that the institution has set. To even worsen the situation, lectures that are uploaded are documents that have to be read and not video presentations. Personally, this is a major motivation killer.

Avoiding distractions is somewhat a pointless exercise when you basically live at home with smaller siblings and even share a room with two.

Managing your time is also tricky because apart from the lack of motivation and distractions, one has responsibilities - household chores and stuff.

My biggest problem is the lack of person-to-person interaction between the lecturers and students, and among students themselves. I am an extrovert and a hand-on kind of person. I need socialization. This has been tough for me.

With all of this issues combined, I swear, I really cannot see a 'D' grade for any of my subjects at the end of this semester.

Just putting it out there for all those who are also struggling to know that they are not alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment